Dallas at BOSTON (237)
By Anson Munson, Featured Handicapper
They bounced-back alright, as Washington State won a thriller last night at home over USC, but the Cougars came nowhere close to covering the number, and were lucky to win.
So after 5 straight winning days, I have had 4 straight losing days.
Frigging rollercoaster this week, and it is time to get headed back in the winning direction here on Friday.
NBA this year has been selective and very productive.
# 31 OF 50
- NBA Winner # 17 of 26 -
- $10 bettors up $6,955 last 70 days -
NBA Winner # 10 of 13
Interconference Best Bet
Warriors at Raptors - 7:00 ET
Time for a Friday winner to set up the weekend sweep.
We've got the potential for a big offensive night on the parquet floor in Boston this Friday night when the Mavericks and the Celtics play in an interconference meeting, but based on history, I will go with Dallas and Boston to land low tonight at TD Garden.
These teams met in Dallas in January in a game that landed Under the total by 11 1/2 points, as the Under has been the play in the last pair of meetings and is 7-2-1 overall the last 10 times these teams have faced each other.
Dallas has played Over the total in their last pair, but 4 of their last 6, and 6 of their last 10 games overall have indeed landed Under the posted price.
Boston has held Under the total in their last pair, 4 of its last 6, and 6 of their last 10 games overall as well.
Luka, Jaylen, Jason, and the Troops may put on a show, but my guess is whatever show they do put on it will not be enough to take this game over the posted price.
Mavericks-Celtics Under the total.
1* DALLAS-BOSTON UNDER
Portland at MEMPHIS (207')
By Jack Brayman, Featured Handicapper
My $10 Bettors have made more than $25,000 with my NBA plays the last six seasons, and tonight I'm putting that money to work with the biggest blowout on the entire card.
One game, one mismatch, one 20-point rout.
It's all you need to tip off the weekend, as the madness of March begins.
That's why I'm raising the bar with yet another 100 Dime NBA Winner.
Let's clamp down for the home stretch, as this is where some of the best value can be found.
$10 Bettors have won $25,180 in the NBA the last six seasons
NBA Max Wager
Winner # 23 of 32
20-point Mismatch Mauler
This game has yet to tip
27-15 Roll with 100 Dime NFL Wagers
46-26 Roll (22-9 L/31) with 100 Dime NBA Max Wagers
48-34-1 Roll with College Basketball Max Wagers
- and this play is JUST AS STRONG -
My free winner is on the Portland Trail Blazers and Memphis Grizzlies, as I'm not sure the oddsmakers can actually give us a low enought total.
We've surged when it comes to NBA totals, with this season's standards bringing us far more at 200 and higher than a lower brand of basketball.
Three quick notes with this total:
- Portland has slowed to a snail's pace due to a limited roster and I'm not sure it has anything left in the tank to play respectively competitive down the stretch. The inefficiency the Blazers play with is borderline franchise-worst, and has to be taken in consideration in every game down the stretch.
- The short-handed Grizzlies are also a shell of themselves, due to losing a wealth of their talent to injuries. Hard for me to say, but Memphis' offense has been worse than Portland's of late, connecting on an average of 34.1 field goals made per game over its last three contests. Think for a minute - that's maybe 70 points, depending on how many 3s drop.
- Finally, these two have stayed under in four of the last five meetings. Portland has stayed under in two straight and in 13 of its last 22. Memphis has stayed low in three of its last four, and will dictate the pace since it's at home.